This blog was created because of the sad passing of Trayvon Martin, a young man that was shot for no apparent reason except for the colour of his skin. It is my hope that justice be served in this case and that the accused be charged with the murder of Trayvon Martin. My prayers goes out to Trayvon’s family and friends.
Gun Violence is a pressing concern in Toronto as well. Gun Violence have claimed the lives of many young boys. I believe if these boys were expose to different environments especially at a young age then they might still be around today. My name is Rosemarie and I am a youth ambassador. I care deeply about the well being of today’s youth and I have dedicated myself to exposing kids to activities that encourage them to develop strong self-image and motivate them to break free of societal boundaries.
As a youth ambassador, I believe in the importance of being a voice for these individuals and working with people that share a similar interest in helping these impressionable kids.
Having grown up in a neighbourhood similar to those of these children, I understand the challenges that these youth face and I would like to do my part by providing guidance and support through many unique and interactive initiatives.
Thus far, I was able to acquire tickets from the TORONTO ARGONAUTS for children of these areas, which gave them a few hours of fun and exposure to positive role models in a safe environment.
The following are some of the other activities and classes I would like to expose these kids to:
• These classes will teach students how to dine and how to present themselves gracefully and with confidence in social situations.
DRESS FOR SUCCESS WORKSHOPS
• The kids learn about the importance of proper grooming and the value of taking pride in their appearance.
PLAN YOUR PATH EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOPS
• Youths are encouraged and given guidance on how to pursue post secondary education.
Such ideas would be extremely beneficial for these young people. My goal is to touch the lives of many that live in at-risk communities.
The following are some of the ways in which you and your organization can be of assistance:
• Referrals of youths that would like to be a part of these workshops
• Referrals of organizations, charity etc that can help me reach these kids
• Discounted/or free tickets for upcoming sports events
• Food vouchers
• Transportation assistance for the participants
• Ideas of other activities/initiatives
• Letters of support
• Workshop Instructors
• Venue rentals for workshop
• Referrals to schools that I can hold workshops